The Republicans in the House took a giant risk against this new president by voting NO twice on the porkulus bill. It was a risk I think was worth taking. I opposed the spending the GOP did during the Bush administration (their hands aren't free from this massive deficit) but it's time Republicans return to the principles that define us. Sean Hannity lists his top 10 items for Victory in 2010 and 2012. Here is the list from his website:
1) National Security - A candidate that pledges to NOT demean our military while they are fighting for their Country and a candidate that promises to ensure that our veterans can live out their lives in dignity.
2) Oppose Appeasement - A candidate who will oppose any and all efforts to negotiate with dictators of the world in places like Iran, Syria, N.Korea, Cuba, and Venezuela without "pre-conditions"
3) Tax CUTS and fiscal responsibility - A candidate who Pledges to ELIMINATE and VOTE AGAINST ALL Earmarks and pledges to BALANCE the budget
4) Supporter of "Energy Independence" - A candidate who supports immediate drilling in Anwar and the lower 48 but also build new refineries, expand coal mining, and develop new energy technologies for the future
5) Secure our borders completely within 12 months - A candidate who will use all available technology to help and support agents at the border and train and hire agents as needed
6) Healthcare - A candidate who will look for Free-Market solutions to the problems facing the Healthcare industry, and will vigorously oppose any efforts to "nationalize healthcare"
7) Education - A candidate who pledges to "save" American children from the failing educational system by fighting for "CHOICE" in education and let parents decided where their children go to school
8) Social Security and Medicare - A candidate who will "save" social security and medicare from bankruptcy
9) Judges - A candidate who vows to support ONLY judges who recognize that their job is to interpret the Constitution, and NOT legislate from the bench
10) The American Dream - A candidate who accepts as their duty and responsibility to educate, inform, and remind people that with the blessings of Freedom comes a Great responsibility. That Government's primary goal is to preserve, protect and defend our God given gift of freedom.
If Republicans go back to these principles, I believe we can win back the Congress in 2010 and the White House in 2012.